Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Trash to Treasure & Gratituesday A Free Freezer!!!

and


This was sitting out at an older lady's house cat-a-corner behind us.






I called to make sure it worked, sure didn't want to haul the thing home if it didn't work! Her daughter told me it did, at least it did when she unplugged it and they hauled it out to get rid of. So,my DH tried to go and get it the next morning before going to work, but he couldn't get it on the two wheel cart by himself with it being a little ackward to balance by one, so later that afternoon when our youngest got home we went to get it-didn't want anyone else to get it! We couldn't get it by ourselves, because...the thing was full of food and ice!! It hadn't been defrosted in I don't know how long! Well, I called my dad and he came over on his golf cart, he thought maybe we could get it on the back part of his golf cart that folds down and kind of works as a flat bed--uh, no--way too heavy! So, we got the two wheel cart again and finally between the 3 of us got it strapped on it, and then my youngest and I sit on the back of the golf cart as my dad starts to slowly drive off, but the freezer kept trying to flip up-gravity was working against us. We tried a couple more times with me & the youngest trying to hold the cart down against the golf cart as dad would drive--are you getting a crazy picture in your head of all this!??! In the end our youngest & my dad ended up pushing it to our garage. He and I cleaned it all out-no, I did not take any before pictures--I was thinking of it then to be honest with you after all that, and between the old food and the BLOCK of ice... Anyway, we got it all cleaned out, then I washed it out and we plugged it in...and.....IT WORKS!!! So, we have a little upright freezer, it's a 9 cubic foot(it comes to my chest-and I'm 5'5") to go with our little chest freezer! Praise the Lord for his many blessings!



Denise

8 Comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Denise,
What a wonderful treasure! I recently bought a like new one at a yard sale for 100 dollars...and thought I had found a bargain!

Thanks so much for linking to Trash to Treasure!
Diane

Missy Wertz said...

Good visual! And a nice find!

Darlene said...

Hello I came to visit from Diane's and that is a great TREASURE to find outside. I am getting a funny picture of y'all trying to get that thing home....lol

Denise said...

Thanks Melissa!

Denise said...

Oh, Darlene if you just would have seen it--you FOR SURE would have got a funny picture!! LOL LOL

Denise said...

Thanks Diane!!
I enjoy your blog, it is yourself & others that gave me inspiration to try this "blogging" thing myself!

Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Denise, a perfect trash to treasure story. How lucky can you be. I wish you many years of freezer love. smile.

Hugs...Jeanne

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Great find! And I particularly enjoyed the visuals that went along with your find! Thank you for sharing.

Sheila... who hopped over from Diane's blog :-)