Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Enchilada Casserole



Here's what we had for supper last night--Enchilada Casserole. Now, I can't take the credit for all this..I got this recipe YEARS ago from my girlfriend since 3rd grade--ok, not YEARS ago, just a BIT ago-lol!! Anyway, there isn't an exact recipe to this, but it goes something like this:

Tortillas--it actually "calls" for corn tortillas but we don't care for them, so I just use flour tortillas-how many will depend on how many layers you make
1 1/2-2 lbs hamburger
Taco Seasoning
1 Jar Salsa
8oz Shredded Mozarella
8oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar

Brown hamburger, then add taco seasoning
In casserole dish lay out some of your tortillas
then alternate your salsa and cheeses and repeat once or twice more

Now, I have made this different ways...I added refried beans last night-just gives it more "filler". I have just used a mix type shredded cheese if I don't have the two separate cheeses. No matter exactly how you make it always seems to turn out pretty good! We usually have it with some spanish rice and of course sour cream!

Denise

0 Comments: